A Tcl/Tk based Dictionary client package
Latest Version: 1.5; changelog
Last Modified: Sept 30, 1999
Incant is a Tcl/Tk based dictionary client package which includes both command line and GUI versions. The following features have been implemented:
- dictionary lookups with fallback to pattern matching if a word is not found
- autoloading and selection menu of all dictionaries available on the remote host
- commandline and gui client versions
- forward/back browsing buttons with infinite length
- user definable colors and host/port
- browsing of dictionary entries
- link highlighting
- term or single-word-of-term link lookups
- support for multiple-word lookups, such as "bump off"
- graceful logoff, and semi-graceful error handling
- Tcl/Tk (tested with 8.0; <8.0, YMMV)
Regular and SOCKS supported. Untested.
- Most protocol handling is rather blanketed... Specifically, generic error codes will pop up a wonderfully raw dialog with the server's message. Only a few codes are explicitly handled. There are no plans to change this.
- All patches/comments/bug reports cheerfully accepted (but not near finals week).
- There is an annoying bug which causes "random" newlines to be inserted into definitions. This is based in a TCL/TK sockets handling problem, and will never be fixed. Fortunately, it is only aesthetic, and not terribly annoying.