Version 4.20 (14 May 2002)
Version 4.10 (7 December 2001)
- Chieftains may now initiate only one person per day.
- Clan members must be initiated for three days before being allowed to
- The 'catalogue' and 'list' commands can now be asked to list
items by the location of the body on which they are worn.
- 'Equipment' now lists all body locations all the time.
- Turf law enforcement officials come to the aid of shopkeepers.
- Added a variety of new movement messages.
- Added skill 'renew'.
- Added command 'listen'.
- Added 'config' option 'autovis'.
- The 'help' command now allows searching.
- Bursts of insight now last longer.
- Contents of clan bins are now saved over reboots.
- Drowning is slightly less dangerous and more realistic.
- Fleeing from PK made less desirable.
- Improved coronary care.
- Shopkeepers now tout their wares.
- Implemented many player ideas.
- Fixed many bugs.
- A few more socials.
- Lots more typos fixed.
Version 4.00 (27 June 2001)
- Added command 'affects'.
- Added command 'shop markup'.
- Added config option 'norecall'.
- Movement over seas during gales is now possible.
- Clan membership petitions 28 days old are automatically accepted.
- Greatly improved cauldron system with more varied results.
- Much improved shopkeeping.
- New login messages for clan members.
- New area 'Summer Holiday' by Hiero.
- New area 'Army Life' by Atlas.
- New area 'Rensythe Valley' by Trillion.
- Extensions to area 'Stargate' by BlueVelvet.
- New clan locations for Boot.
- Added clan locations for TKBoom.
- New Turf train service.
- New title screen by Nog.
- Many internal improvements and bug fixes.
- Lots of typos removed.
Version 3.92 (17 May 2001)
- Added new command 'finance' and a clan shopping finance system.
- Added new command 'salestax'.
- Added new record for highest level obtained without dying.
- 'Exile' may now be used on offline players.
- The confidence vote now considers a vote of abstain as abstain.
- The confidence vote now resets to abstain for those idle 30 days.
- Overlords may now demote themselves / resign from their clans.
- Overlords now have a 14 day grace period following appointment.
- Player killing is restricted to those within eight levels of each
- Now possible to gain xp during pk if a player flees or retreats.
- 'Estimate' and 'value' now support 'all' / 'all.' notation.
- 'Friend' flagged persons now have precedence in ambiguous
abbreviations for global and current room searches.
- Changed the precedence of special room target 'it'.
- Replaced the old socials system for mobile reactions.
- Added 'note' extension 'forward' for note forwarding - see
- Added 'unmakeclan' for online clan dissolution.
- 'Slotfod' now accepts names as well as slot numbers.
- Added new command 'vacation' to allow players limited tax relief.
- Minor change to clan scoring, see 'help clan scoring'.
- Added new area 'Beneath the Sea'.
- Added some of the Turf Mini Area Competition locations.
- Many more typo fixes and bug fixes.
Version 3.91 (4 May 2001)
- New damage status messages for mobiles without blood.
- Addition of 'LOD' clan locations.
- Addition of 'TKDire' clan locations.
- Relocation of old clan locations.
- A new vampire slayer for the game.
Version 3.90 (22 April 2001)
- Turf now dances to the Mersenne Twist.
Version 3.80 (7 April 2001)
- Added command 'petition'.
- Added command 'vwho'.
- Added 'cough' and 'hiss' socials.
- Clan members may now be initiated offline.
- Clan members who are exiled may now rejoin a clan after 14 days.
- Clan members who resign may now rejoin a clan after 28 days.
- Clan members who have previously departed clans may now re-petition.
- Clan player thefts and losses are now recorded.
- 'Repair' now accepts all / all. notation.
- Implemented many player ideas.
Version 3.75 (17 February 2001)
- Clan renaming is now possible. Ask your local God for details.
- Added a new data retrieval system for external applications.
- Added 'clear' as an option to 'shop price', and re-included 'shop add'.
- Added a new area 'Quantum Leap'.
- Lots of typo fixes and area improvements (an eternal task).
- More bug fixes (the other eternal task).
Version 3.72 (14 January 2001)
- Added 'note block' and 'note unblock'
- Removed 'shop add' command - use 'shop price'.
- New record added for greatest modern day hero.
- Lots of improvements to the weather system.
- More typo fixes and area file corrections.
- Automatic checking for locations that can't be reached.
- New clan scoring system, see 'help clan scoring'.
- More bug fixes.
Version 3.71 (10 January 2001)
- Resets finally work exactly as intended.
- Added a more automated way of dealing with the nuking of old players.
- Problems relating to introduction of new skills/spells fixed at long last.
- Temporary reduction in experience loss on death for high level heroes.
- Further tax relief granted to high level heroes (see 'help tax').
Version 3.70 (3 December 2000)
- Added skill 'prod'.
- Added the ability to select individual shopkeepers in the same room.
- Clans now get the 'sacrifice' value of objects in their tubs at reboots.
- Revamped the odds offered when betting on the heroes league.
- Fixed bug which produced false messages about changes to clan position.
Version 3.61 (1 Oct 2000)
- Added new command 'label'.
- Added skill 'spellcraft'.
- Added new command 'join', to aid clan membership.
- Extended 'use' command.
- Spells re-written for added realism.
- Hunger and thirst are now temperature dependent.
- Clan rank changes are now broadcast on the wartalk channel.
- Slightly more realistic wind (i.e. less of it).
- Added many debugging tools including code to detect infinite loops.
- Possible for very high level heroes to use the 'consider' command again.
- NO's clan locations added.
- Boom's clan locations added.
- Lots of typo fixes.
- Need we say yet more bug fixes?
Version 3.60 (24 Sep 2000)
- Now possible to 'promote' or 'demote' a player that is not on the game.
- More experience for higher level heroes.
- Cap on hp/mana/mv gains for heroes moved up to level 500 from level 250.
- Recovery of hp/mana/mv more frequent.
Version 3.50 (25 Aug 2000)
- Players may now run their own shops - see help shop.
- Added new command 'shop'.
- Added new command 'catalogue' - free for a limited time only.
- Added voting issue 'confidence' - see help 'vote confidence'
- Added voting issue 'elect' - see help 'vote elect'
- Added new 'config' option 'shop'.
- Added new admin command 'lag'.
- Added new wizard command 'wstat'.
- Entirely new weather system.
- Output from 'inspect' skill is more sanely formatted.
- 'List' command keyword searching improved (search by type keywords added).
- Warnings are now saved and visible to the recipient in 'finger'.
- Deities and higher are informed when a newbie/lowbie connects.
- Deny now lists entries in reverse order so new entries are at the bottom.
- Many player ideas implemented.
- Lots of bug and typo fixes.
- Spyder's clan locations included.
Version 3.40 (16 Jul 2000)
- Clan system re-written - see help clans.
- New command 'vote'.
- New Hero skill 'inspect'.
- New Hero spell 'recall items'.
- Temporary player flag list entries are now possible.
- Added 'check word' command which compares a word to the swearing filter list.
- MudFTP support for editing home rooms and notes.
- Closed some disparities in disarming/wielding between mobiles and players.
- Better distribution of damage messages.
- Internal optimisation and various bug fixes.
- New area 'Stargate'.
- Lots more typo fixes.
Version 3.36 (16 Jun 2000)
- Added 'nofriends' flag to block specific friends channels.
- Clan score contributions are tracked and visible in 'members'.
- The 'friend' flag for 'all' can no longer be set.
- 'Finger' now shows information about unread notes.
- Note expiry dates can now be changed by note recipients.
- No longer possible to eat pills in home rooms.
- Many internal and aesthetic improvements.
- No more hp/mana/mv awarded beyond level 250.
- More fiscal tightening, yet again.
- New area 'Star Wars'.
- Larceny's clan locations included.
- More typo corrections.
- Yet more bug fixes.
Version 3.35 (25 Apr 2000)
- Immortals no longer participate in the waypoints league.
- Improvements to game internals.
- Bugs in area files found and removed.
- Typo corrections.
- Mud Client Compression Protocol v2 (MCCP v2) is supported.
- Multi-mode is now indicated in the prompt, similar to edit mode.
- A slight fiscal tightening.
- More stringent effects of swearing on extreme offenders.
Version 3.30 (5 Mar 2000)
- Added a note expiry system, see help notes.
- Higher level heroes can charge higher level mobiles.
- Better support for abbreviation of spell names.
- Various internal improvements.
- Fixed a number of bugs.
- Added a waypoints league.
- Typo corrections.
Version 3.20 (6 Feb 2000)
- Quirks no longer accumulate, but are instead out-grown at levels 60 and 80.
- Low level players now recall to where they start.
- Offensive language filter applied to titles.
- New area 'Arenas' in which all players can enjoy some fighting each other.
- Several general improvements.
- Add on to area 'Space Station Krios'.
- Some bug fixes.
Version 3.17 (25 Jan 2000)
- Plague is now less virile, but comes in multiple strains.
- The 'raise' spell may allow you to control the created zombie.
- The 'pick' command may now be used to lock doors and objects.
- Added the 'mount' command - display the remains of your enemies in style.
- Added special target 'it' which is the last character target used.
- Improved some of the game's internals.
- Silenced people can now use the wartalk channel.
- Renamed 'cdonate' to 'donate'.
- Fixed bug in 'pass door' spell.
- Added new area 'Red Dwarf'.
- Added new area 'Flying Circus'.
- Fixed typos.
Version 3.16 (23 Jan 2000)
- Waypoints record is now for the most exp scored through waypoints.
- Minor bug fixes.
Version 3.15 (15 Jan 2000)
- Being reasonably drunk may help you be more daring during combat.
- Titles can now be blanked.
- Tightened fiscal policies for Immortals.
- Added a record for greatest percent of Turf gold owned.
- Added a record for most xp lost in one go.
- Added 'notitle' immortal command.
- Some throwing in home rooms is allowed.
- Various minor bug fixes.
Version 3.10 (09 Jan 2000)
- Added quemote and ansemote.
- Added the new wizard command 'suspend'.
- Further tightening of fiscal policies.
- Better support for hundreds of simultaneous connections.
- Descriptions filtered for bad language.
- Some general improvements to http://turf.org:4001/
- The 'consider' command is now more accurate for higher level heroes.
- Fixed several other minor bugs.
Version 3.00 (09 Dec 1999)
- The 'summon' spell now creates teleportation residue.
- The 'score' command now shows waypoint score and insight spell.
- Added command 'check friends'.
- Slightly more powerful advantages.
- Hunger and thirst can now injure you after a while.
- Mud Client Compression Protocol (MCCP) is supported.
- Introduction of a new connection method: http://turf.org:4001/
- Multi room explosions and throwing of objects restricted in home rooms.
- Added character advantages and quirks.
- New command 'afk'.
- New command 'throw'.
- New skill 'retreat'.
- New skill 'herbalism'.
- New skill 'defuse'.
- Multiple-room explosions.
- Clan members can steal without learning it.
- 'Kill' and 'consider' can now be used on clan members.
- The 'finger' command now shows the time of your last death.
- The 'practise' command can now take a numerical filter argument.
- The 'sacrifice' command can now take 'all' or 'all.' as an argument.
- Now possible to gain xp through exploration (see 'help waypoints').
- Bar flags overrule key flags.
- Block flags now block notes from the blocked player which are not to "all".
- Clan members not seen in over a month ignored when replacing overlords.
- Spell affects are now sorted in order they will wear off.
- Major reduction in CPU usage.
- Very high level heroes must work a little harder for xp.
- Setting a new record is now announced.
- Better protection against flooding the game with connections.
- General bug fixes.
- More typo corrections.
Return to Turf home page